Dear graduates and undergraduates in Nigeria, have you heard of the CBN TIES Loan? The TIES Loan offers you an opportunity to obtain finance to start your own business and in turn, boost job creation in Nigeria.
If you are interested in the CBN TIES Loan and want to learn more about it, read this article carefully. You can apply for the loan via the CBN TIES loan application portal.
This article will also walk you through the process of applying for this loan through the loan portal and the requirements that applicants are required to meet in order to be eligible for this loan. Read below for details.
CBN TIES Loan Application Portal
The CBN TIES Loan provides an opportunity for undergraduates and graduates in Nigeria to get the necessary financial aid that will enable them to create businesses that will boost job creation in the country.
TIES is an acronym for Tertiary Institutions Entrepreneurship Scheme, it was created by CBN in a bid to reduce the steady rise of youth unemployment and underemployment in Nigeria and enhance the development of entrepreneurship amongst youth in Nigeria.
The portal is currently open for individuals who are interested in obtaining loans to apply, for more information on how to apply, read below.
Features Of The CBN TIES Loan, Eligibility Requirements, and How To Apply
- Graduates of any Nigerian university or polytechnic within the past seven (7) years with entrepreneurial interests can apply for this loan.
How To Apply
- Apply online via the designated online portal (https://cbnties.com.ng) providing the required information and documents.
- The documents required include:-
- First degree and NYSC discharge certificate (or exemption certificate).
- A valid mobile phone number (linked to your NIN), BVN, NIN, TIN, and email address.
- Evidence of business registration (certified true copies of relevant CAC documents).
- A corporate bank account number of business.
- Start-ups, existing businesses expanding, or ailing businesses are eligible for this loan type.
- This is subject to the limit prescribed in the AgSMEIS Guidelines.
- The investments made will be for a maximum period of ten (10) years (not exceeding December 31, 2031)
- There shall be a 3-year lock-in period before exit in order to encourage value creation and boost the managerial capacity of the business.
N/B: The equity investment shall be implemented under the AgSMEIS Equity window.
Developmental (Grant) Component
- Polytechnics and universities in Nigeria shall compete in the national biennial entrepreneurship competition to raise awareness and visibility of entrepreneurial or technological innovations among undergraduates. Applications for participation under the Development window shall be through submission of application on https://cbnties.com.ng
- Body of Experts (BoE) shall be constituted from the private and public sectors to evaluate entrepreneurial and technological innovations submitted by students of Nigerian polytechnics and universities.
- The top five (5) polytechnics and universities at the national level will be awarded the grant prize on the recommendation of the Body of Experts (BoE).
Did you find our article on CBN TIES Loan Application Portal helpful? If you have more questions regarding this topic, you can ask them via the comment box and you will be provided with a response as soon as possible. Do not forget to share this article with friends!