African Union Recruitment 2024/2025 is currently ongoing. Discover all opening jobs from the African Union below.
There are certain things you need to keep in mind before applying for a position within the African Union. You need to know the entry requirements, the qualifications needed, the available job vacancies, the recruitment process, the deadline for registration, and how to apply for a position via the African Union Recruitment portal.
In this article, we have published detailed information that covers all the recruitment processes from the application stage to the shortlisted stage.
So if you are interested in applying for a job at the African Union, then read to see how you can submit an application successfully.
African Union Recruitment 2024
The African Union job application form is out. The recruitment of interested and qualified candidates for various roles in the African Union is still ongoing.
The African Union is an equal-opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates from less-represented countries within the African Union are strongly encouraged to apply for positions that fit their profiles.
These countries include Algeria, Angola, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Sahrawi D.R., Sao Tome and Principe., Seychelles, Somalia and Tunisia.
Only candidates who meet all job requirements and are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Consideration will be given only to those candidates who have submitted a fully completed online application with a curriculum vitae (CV), an African passport, and the required academic qualifications, such as Diplomas, Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s degrees, and any relevant certificate in line with the area of expertise.
African Union Recruitment Process
- Application Submission: This is the first stage at which interested applicants submit their applications online through the AU recruitment website
- Application Review: Once the application deadline has passed, the AU reviews all submitted applications. The review process involves assessing candidates’ qualifications, experience, and skills in relation to the requirements of the position.
- Shortlisting: Following the submission of applications and the closure of the recruiting portal, the AU will analyze the applications and reveal the names of successful applicants. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage of the recruitment process, which may include interviews, assessments, or tests.
- Interviews and Assessments: Shortlisted candidates are subjected to extra screening, which often includes a computer-based test and a review of their academic qualifications. Shortlisted candidates may be invited to participate in interviews, either in person or via video conferencing tools such as Skype.
- Selection and Offer: Following the interviews and assessments, An offer of employment is extended to those who pass the screening stage.
African Union Job Vacancies
All open vacancies are available on the official career website at careers.au.int/en/jobs. Below are some of the available vacant positions.
- Deputy Director General of the Africa Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) – Location, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Accounts Assistant (ECOSOCC) – Location, Lusaka, Zambia
- Senior Legal Officer (ECOSOCC) – Location, Lusaka, Zambia
- Head of Division Transport & Mobility – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Head, Financial Audit Division – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Legal Counsel – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Specialist – Family Medicine – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Executive Director (STATAFRIC) – Tunis, Tunisia
How to Apply for African Union Recruitment 2024/2025
- Visit the official career portal at https://careers.au.int/en/jobs
- Browse through the available job vacancies
- Select the position that aligns with your skills and interests.
- Read the job description, requirements, and qualifications carefully.
- Ensure that you meet the criteria before proceeding with the application.
- Prepare your application documents, which typically include a comprehensive CV, a cover letter, and any other supporting documents specified in the job advertisement.
- Complete the online application form provided on the website.
- Fill in all the required details accurately and attach your application documents.
- Review your application to ensure that all information is correct and complete.
- Submit your application
After the deadline for applications has passed, the AU will analyze each submission and shortlist applicants for further screening, which may involve interviews and/or written examinations.
We advise you to prepare thoroughly and successfully present your abilities and expertise if you are chosen for an interview or other type of evaluation.
If you want to stay up to date regarding new job openings at the African Union, then keep checking this website regularly as we constantly post the most recent information regarding the African Union recruitment exercise.
Additionally, we advise you to save or bookmark this page in case of any changes. We will notify you as soon as this occurs.
Use the comment section below to ask any questions you may have about the African Union recruitment process, and we will do our best to respond.