Through our family case managers and advocates, AFAHO provides a range of human services aimed at helping our community in building healthy and independent lives in an effort to become self-sufficient and productive members of society. These services include:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes
- Adult literacy programs
- Life skills training
- Computer Literacy
- Language Interpretation & Translation
- Accompaniment to Medical and other Appointments
- Cultural adjustment workshops to assist in adapting to the culture of the U.S.
- Tutoring and Mentoring for Children
- Financial Literacy
- Regular Informational Workshops on Available Services and Resources
In 2014, AFAHO successfully partnered with the Wharton Leadership Program at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania to implement a financial literacy program for African and Haitian teens! We hope to continue this financial literacy program in 2015 for more young people as well as adults and the elderly!